While the rest of us were holed up in our apartments during quarantine deciding whether to watch Schitt’s Creek for the fourth time or play Animal Crossing until our eyes bled, Beyoncé was making new music. Her newest album, RENAISSANCE, dropped on Friday, July 29, and Twitter lost some sleep.
How much sleep? Well, take a look at these RENAISSANCE memes and tweets to see.
“Creating this album allowed me a place to dream and to find escape during a scary time for the world,” Beyoncé wrote in a post on Instagram, explaining that the album was entirely recorded during the pandemic. We found escape by plowing through yet another bag of chocolate-covered pretzels, but we respect the hustle.
In response to the release, fans are exuberant. It’s been six years since the drop of her last studio album, Lemonade, but rest assured: the Queen Bey has still got it. With 16 tracks, the album is full of music that makes you want to dance like nobody’s watching. We bought new curtains just in case.
From responses to fan-favorite songs like “CHURCH GIRL” and “AMERICA HAS A PROBLEM,” to discussions about the legend that is Beyonce herself, bask in the pure joy that is album release day. If you need us, we’ll be twerking in that corner over there.
The Best Memes and Tweets about Beyoncé’s RENAISSANCE
1. The audacity to even try.
2. Mood, all day. We closed the office door for good measure.
3. It makes pausing difficult, but makes escaping Vecna a breeze.
4. beyoncé gave us a new album *and* a Halloween costume idea? Legend.
5. Just Queen things.
6. Celebrities are just like us. Just replace the money with a bag of Hot Cheetos.
7. And she did it 25 years into her career too.
8. Don’t forget to close the studio door on the way out, boo.
— ???????? (@the__prototype) July 29, 2022
9. When you get an education and a chart-topping album all in one.
10. Almost got hit by a car but it’s all good.
— Cray T???? (@CortezCrayton) July 29, 2022
11. We don’t understand the question.
12. She’s nothing if not honest.
13. Legend says that day is now a national holiday.
— That Thique (@yeahsis_) July 29, 2022
14. Ugh, and we just donated our habit to Goodwill.
15. Humility is overrated.
This woman really said “America Has A Problem…it’s not student loan debt, it’s that I’m too bad of a bitch and the kids can’t handle it.”
— Alien Supernigga (@imightveben) July 29, 2022
16. All before our first coffee, too.
— renaissancing (@HerusWorld) July 29, 2022
17. Translation: how many mortgages do we have to take out?
— Relentlessly Gay (@YeastFezco) July 29, 2022
18. As long as our Crocs make it into the new dimension, we’re good.
— RENAISSANCE Updates ???? (@B7Album) July 28, 2022
how it feels to be a "BLOW" beyoncé stan rn pic.twitter.com/bwEpEg0kun
— Sam Stryker (@sbstryker) July 29, 2022
20. We won’t be taking any other requests, please and thank you.
21. 28 Grammys later, and she’s still got it. GOAT energy only.
— reggié rockette. (@SweetBrownSugar) July 29, 2022
22. It’s time for our inner xenomorph to shine.
— Work of Art OUT NOW (@Drebae_) July 29, 2022
23. We appreciate the sentiment, but um, no.
If this what Beyoncé was doing in the house the whole quarantine, LOCK US BACK UP!!!!!!
— Urethra Franklin III (@SpideRhon) July 29, 2022
24. What noises are the ghosts making in your house?
I know yall really think we be gassing up Beyoncé but yall she really dont have peers. She is competing with her elders and ghosts.
— Ma’Khia Bryant Should Be Alive (@kay_suigeneris) July 29, 2022
25. Oh, crud. All out. Maybe she will accept a charcuterie plate?
BEYONCÉ IS COMING FOR BLOOD pic.twitter.com/YZdrm4cBKb
— ً (@rumiyonce) July 28, 2022
- These Funny Christmas Movies Pair Perfectly With Milk and Cookies - November 28, 2023
- Dazzle During The Busiest Time Of The Year With These Simple Christmas Nails - November 24, 2023
- 33 Funny Christmas Photos That Would Have Made the Perfect Holiday Card - November 23, 2023