Looking to the silver screen for inspiration this Halloween? Consider grabbing a partner and dressing up as one of these movie couple costumes! Whether you like to watch your films on the big screen or your phone screen, these ideas are perfect for showing off your love of entertainment and your love for each other.
Or at least your tolerances for the duration of trick-or-treating.
From frighteningly fearsome pairs to adorkable crushes, here are a few couples from your favorite films that make excellent spooky season disguises. Who knows, you might even want to keep them on in the bedroom. You know…for pajamas…
19 Movie Couple Costume Ideas
1. Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas
Simply meant to be? Maybe, maybe not. But don’t you love the chance to call your partner Bone Daddy?
2. Felix and Pepa Madrigal from Encanto
It doesn’t look like it’ll rain on Halloween. But just to be safe…we’ll avoid talking about Bruno. Shoot! Does that count? Let’s start again….NOW we won’t talk about him.
3. Fred and Wilma from The Flintstones
This works great as a couples costume, and if you have a kid, you can dress them up as Pebbles! And if you have a dinosaur, bring them along for the ride, too. Literally. Gas is still really expensive.
4. Wesley and Buttercup from The Princess Bride
Looking for a timeless love story to represent your relationship this Halloween? Well, as you wish.
5. Troy and Gabriella from High School Musical
“T as in Troy?” “No, T as in ‘The Best Costume of the Night.’”
6. Gomez and Morticia from The Addams Family
They’re creepy and they’re kooky. And they remain one of the best representations of love ever. Take that, Munsters!
7. Adam and Barbara from Beetlejuice
Beetlejuice and Lydia’s relationship? Not recommended. But Adam and Barbara’s? “Til death do you part” had no meaning to them.
8. Chucky and Tiffany from the Child’s Play Series
9. Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein
“Here comes the bride! All dressed in green!” That just means you’ve been eating your veggies. Good job.
10. Mary Poppins and Bert
This costume is practically perfect in every way. But if you really want to up your Mary Poppins game, teach a few penguins to dance around you all night. All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust. Oh, wait, wrong Disney movie.
11. Percy and Annabeth from Percy Jackson & the Olympians
Don your best Camp Half-Blood shirts and pose like the demigods you are. There’s no spiders at that camp, right?
12. Spider-Man and Ghost-Spider
This is the perfect movie couple costume for that pair who’s about minimal effort, maximum effect. And hopefully a couple that still has good eyesight when their face is covered with fabric.
13. Thor and Mighty Thor
If anyone asks if you’re Lady Thor, you have our permission to hit them with Mjolnir.
14. Dr. Drakken and Shego from Kim Possible
Shego was way out of his league. But these two loved each other. Sometimes deep down. Like, way, way, way deep down.
15. Max and Roxanne from A Goofy Movie
This costume is pretty hard to goof up, and it’s super cute. Don’t forget your boombox to blast that killer soundtrack.
16. Tina and Jimmy Jr. from Bob’s Burgers
Is Jimmy Jr. really a good fit for Tina? Debatable. What’s not debatable is the fact that you’ll win any costume contest. Free pumpkins for a year? Score!
17. Anakin and Padmé from Star Wars
There are very few good representations of (romantic) love in Star Wars. This is not one of them. But at least it doesn’t involve sand.
18. Woody and Bo Peep from Toy Story
It’s okay to pretend that Toy Story 4 didn’t happen and stick with the OG costumes from the original Toy Story. Sheep not included. Mostly…because we lost them again.
19. Scarlet Witch and Vision
We prefer the versions of this couple from the Marvel movies. You know, when Vision was actually still alive. Or, as alive as he could be.
- 25 December Nail Design Ideas You’ll Rock All Holiday Season Long - November 27, 2023
- These Cool Winter Makeup Trends For 2023 Are Hot Enough To Melt The Snow - November 9, 2023
- Treat Your Friends (And Yourself) To These Stylish Gifts From Anthropologie - November 2, 2023