The 2021 Tokyo Olympics are in full swing, and despite a flagrant attempt at brainwashing, yes, we are in the year 2021.
A lot has happened in the past week, which makes sense when you pack 11,656 real life superheroes into one city. The “2020” Olympics has already given us cardboard beds, a drone-packed opening ceremony featuring a revamped Blue Man Group, Simone Biles making history in an unexpected way, and gold medal worthy Olympic tweets and memes.
Read, enjoy, retweet, and keep telling everyone how you could totally take home at least silver in archery. Just leave badminton for us, OK?
The Best Tokyo Olympics Memes and Tweets
1. Tell us you skipped gym class without telling us you skipped gym class.
2. USA: Do we want to go with hot dogs or macaroni salad?
3. Thank goodness they’re pretty. Oh, what’s that about their teeth?
4. We’ll only respond to Princess Consuela, Olympic Hopeful.
5. Definitely not Tony Hawk.
6. Olympians! They’re…not at all like us.
7. It’s no wonder people keep asking about our boat.
8. I’ve never needed to know anything more than what his floor music would be.
9. And we want both.
10. We’re not great with social cues, but we’re gonna give this one a “too soon.”
11. Already ordered our blue suit.
12. Go sports!
— #TokyoOlympics (@NBCOlympics) July 24, 2021
13. Do all Steves only have one outfit?
14. The best thing to come from Twitter since the sliced bread emoji.
15. We were going through withdrawals.
16. Also see: When Netflix doesn’t ask if you’re still watching.
17. C for effort.
18. Water does what now?
19. Synchronized Swimming costumes have gotten a little weird.
I’m rooting for them at the Olympics ???? pic.twitter.com/ABoXDHWBj4
— aram (@aramnotagoat) July 23, 2021
20. Even if this was a sport, we still wouldn’t have any medals.
21. MAKE IT A SPORT.
And the first Olympic gold medal for a TikTok goes to the U.S. women’s rugby team pic.twitter.com/LWt7tUKUww
— Washington Post TikTok Guy ???? (@davejorgenson) July 26, 2021
22. What kind of sorcery is this?
23. We’re about to have a difficult conversation with our Roomba.
I have no choice but to be a rugby guy yes https://t.co/tQgRRvWUEZ
— Big Cat (@BarstoolBigCat) July 26, 2021
24. The Games we may actually have a chance to win.
25. Wait, that actually happens?!
— Steve McGuinness (@SteveMcG23) July 26, 2021
- 55 Opening Lines to Use On Bumble When “Hey” Just Isn’t Cutting It - August 1, 2023
- Celebrate The End Of Summer With These August Nail Design Ideas (And A Beach Day) - July 26, 2023
- Where to Get the Oversized Skeleton Pillow Everyone’s Obsessed With On TikTok (Plus Some Similar Finds) - July 25, 2023