Ever since the new Barbie trailer came out, along with all the promotional posters, we’ve had The Beach Boys stuck on repeat in our heads and everything we look at is hot pink. So while we sit on hold to book an eye appointment to address this concerning development, we scoured the Internet to find Barbie outfits and the best Halloween costume ideas so you can cosplay as Margot Robbie’s Barbie.
After all, if you go by our calendar, spooky season is right around the corner. Oh, and so is Michael Myers, just FYI.
All of Barbie looks are already iconic, and we can’t wait to start dressing like Robbie’s take on the doll. From her rollerskating cowgirl Barbie outfit, to the black and white vintage swimsuit, to everything she wears that’s pink (so, everything), here’s some cosplay ideas.
Come on Barbie, let’s go shopping! Don’t forget your AMEX.
Barbie Halloween Costumes and Outfit Inspo
1. Barbie’s Roller Skating Outfit
Nothing altered our brain chemistry quite as much as the moment these photos first dropped. Ryan Gosling as bleach blonde Ken, Malibu Margot, and the fact that they were just casually rollerblading around Venice Beach? It wasn’t on our 2022 Bingo card, and that’s why we keep losing at Bingo.
- Costume: Barbie’s Malibu 80’s bodysuit, $59.99
- Shoes: Riedell neon roller blades
- Knee pads: WINOMO neon knee pads
- Hat: Top Level bright pink visor
- Fanny pack: Aliceset neon pink and green fanny packs
- Sweatbands: Neon Nation yellow sweatbands
2. Cowgirl Barbie
The best part? This costume could totally double as a Taylor Swift Eras Tour outfit.
- Costume: Sugarpuss flare pants and vest
- Necktie: Pink paisley bandana scarf
- Hat: White cowboy hat
- Shoes: Betsey Johnson white boots with stars
3. Gingham Dress Barbie
Gingham Barbie brings 1950s housewife energy, with a tulle-stuffed skirt and dainty hair bow. Vintage is in, so maybe this movie will help Gen Z move on from the 2000s aesthetic and travel further back in time.
Anything to allow us to stop revisiting the fashion disasters of our middle school days every time we go outside would be greatly appreciated.
- Costume: Pink and white gingham dress, $64.90
- Bow: Gingham hair bow, $11.95
- Shoes: Dream Pairs pink heels
4. Glittery Sequin Jumpsuit
We only catch a quick glimpse of this ‘fit in the trailer, but the fully sequined jumpsuit immediately caught our attention. It also sent us on a pilgrimage through the depths of the internet to find a matching suit of our own.
Add silver bedazzled jumpsuit to the list of wardrobe items we didn’t know we needed, but totally need. Right under “fuchsia jumpsuit.”
5. Hot Pink President Barbie Jumpsuit
We’re psyched that Insecure‘s Issa Rae plays President Barbie in the new film. She and the other Barbies rock matching long sleeve hot pink jumpsuits, so our group Halloween costume for 2023 is all set now.
Between us, we’d vote for her IRL. What platform is she running on, you ask? Probably stilettos.
- Costume: Pistola Tanner long sleeve field suit, $178
- Plus-size version: boohoo woven tapered jumpsuit, $32.50
6. Light Pink Mini Dress
We fully anticipate berets will come back in as a result of this appearance, and we’re okay with it. As long as we can collectively agree to leave fedoras in the history books.
7. Black-and-White Striped Swimsuit Costume
Perhaps one of the easiest looks to recreate is the emblematic vintage black and white striped swimsuit we saw in the first trailer. Here’s a vintage version from Etsy, along with the sunglasses, earrings, and shoes.
The ability to walk in 6-inch stilettos is a skill that money can’t buy. Yeah, even plastic Barbie money.
- Vintage Swimsuit: Vintage 1950s swimsuit, $128.50+
- Modern Swimsuit: Halloweencostumes.com swimsuit, $39.99
- Shoes: Vince Camuto black heels
- Sunglasses: SOJOs white cat eye sunglasses
- Earrings: Gold hoop dangle earrings, $26.06
8. Blue Striped Top
Come on, the Queen of fashion has range, as exhibited by her sporting blue stripes instead of pink in this promotional shot. We can’t tell what pants she’s wearing, but if the child who dressed her was anything like us as kids, she might be rocking the Winnie the Pooh look.
- Top: Blue and white striped halter top, $18.90
- Bracelet: Sponge quartz handmade beaded bracelet, $11
- Headband: Vintage polka dot headband, $12
- These Funny Christmas Movies Pair Perfectly With Milk and Cookies - November 28, 2023
- Dazzle During The Busiest Time Of The Year With These Simple Christmas Nails - November 24, 2023
- 33 Funny Christmas Photos That Would Have Made the Perfect Holiday Card - November 23, 2023