Working from home has some pretty great perks, like afternoon naps and casual Everydays. But being cooped up all day – in a home or an office – has pushed our social code of conduct to the limit. Of the many manifestations of madness, passive aggressive email sign-offs are some of our favorites.
Best has gotten a bad rep lately, but how do you complete the sandwich of “I hope this email finds you well”? (Which, you know, it did not because you emailed them.)
Do you want to convey that you genuinely do hope the receiving party is well? Did your Postmates order arrive yet?
If you’re frustrated by wearing too many hats, attending yet another pointless meeting, or following up on the email you sent last week and still haven’t received a response for, we feel you. And we get your desire to add a dash of passive aggressiveness to your sign off so you can feel alive.
After all, classic email sign-offs like “sincerely” or “regards” can hardly be expected to shoulder the load of the spike in email frequency. And having a go-to sign-off doesn’t always work either.
Do you really feel all that warm when you’re letting your team know you fixed the fire drill they caused at 7am? In those cases “WTF guys” feels almost less passive aggressive than “Warmly.” But, you know, corporate.
If you’re not sure what to sign off with, consider the following options, ranked from least to most passive aggressive.
37 Email Sign-Offs Ranked From Least to Most Passive Aggressive
- Thank you
- Warm regards
- Tepid regards
- Best wishes
- Good luck
- Hope this helps
- Thanks, I guess
- Let me know if you don’t understand
- Let me know what you don’t understand
- Have fun with that
- Why not
- You sure you’re okay?
- Good luck
- Take your time responding
- Check out Grammarly
- Proofreading is your friend
- I just think it’s funny, that’s all
- If you think that’s a good idea
- It’s your life
- Let me know how that works out
- Better luck next time
- It’s okay. You’ll learn.
- Truly wishing you all the best, seriously
- Happy to work instead of attending my best friend’s wedding
- This email was by no means a waste of my time
- I definitely didn’t have anything better to do
- I really enjoyed reading your email instead of reading to my child at bedtime
- It’s fine
Now, go forth and wreak havoc.
- Pretty In Pink Meets Back In Black With These Timeless Manicure Ideas - September 6, 2023
- 25 Fourth Of July Cocktails That Will Make The Fireworks Even More Spectacular - June 28, 2023
- 35 Dotted Nails For a Seriously Eye-Catching Manicure - May 22, 2023