Fungi-fied apparel and toadstool-shaped decor are taking over as one of the hottest trends for the fall . That means that mushroom gifts are a foolproof option this year. Virgos, take note.
The cottagecore aesthetic is still going strong, and there’s no better season to embrace it than autumn. City-dwellers flock to the country to see the vibrant foliage, enjoy apple picking, and sneeze their way through hayrides. And the woodsy mushroom vibe fits in perfectly.
So why not take a little souvenir to enjoy year-round?
We found the coolest ‘shroom gifts for anyone who wears Birkenstocks and bakes focaccia bread every weekend. Between graphic tees, kitchen gear, jewelry, books, and decorations, this list is a forest dweller’s dream. Even if you only dwell in forests in your dreams.
23 Mushroom Gifts for Cottagecore Aficionados
1. Handmade Clay Mushroom Earrings, $15
These earrings are the perfect gift because they’re handmade (#supportsmallbusiness), mushroom-themed, and bright enough to draw attention away from the fact that you don’t have your ears pierced. Tape is a modern miracle.
Available on Etsy.
2. Gold Mushroom Disco Ball Decor, $40+
3. “Mushroom Botanical Art” Book, $29.49
This book is full of mushroom and fungi paintings by European and Japanese naturalists from the 18th and 19th centuries. It could be used as a reference guide for your own mushroom art, or you can just put it on your coffee table to display your cultural superiority.
Available at Target.
4. Trippy Mushroom Neon Sign, $134.10
5. Toadstool Linen Paper Wall Art, $13.99
6. Mushroom Tufted Bathmat, $39
7. Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee
8. Smoko Mushroom Pillow, $35
Happiness is holding this pillow…while eating mushrooms that you foraged yourself in an old cottage in the woods. What? Did you think we were gonna say something about blankets and Netflix?
Available at Aerie.
9. Mushrooms of Colorado Graphic Tee, $44.95
10. Amateur Mycologist Mug, $14.95+
11. Mushroom Goddess Candle, $15.95+
12. Mushroom Lidded Mug, $6.29
13. Mushroom Reed Diffuser, $18
The scent of this is called “Down to Earth,” and it’s described as a blend of herb, citrus, amber, wood, and oakmoss. And yes, we’re all thinking the same thing about its shape.
Available at Urban Outfitters.
14. Mushroom Table and Stool, $200+
If you want the whole set (a table and two stools), this will set you back about $870. Alternatively, you can try foraging for materials instead. But we can’t be held responsible for whatever bugs you end up bringing home.
Available at Apollo Box.
15. Foraging Tool Kit, $40
16. Solar-Powered Outdoor Mini Mushroom Lights
17. Frog and Mushroom Phone Case, $21.55+
18. Fairydrop Mushroom Friends Tote Bag, $17.32
19. Mushroom Lover’s Journal, $12.99
This journal is illustrated, with space for notes, to-do lists, doodles, or musings about how you can’t wait to move to the forest and become one with the toads. If Thoreau can do it, so can you.
Available at Target.
20. “Let That Shiitake Go” Kitchen Towel
21. Set of Mushroom Jars, $59.97
These mushroom jars are constantly sold out at Target, but you might be able to snatch up a set like this one on eBay. Because “foraging” in Target is weirdly considered “stealing.”
Available on eBay.
22. Glass Mushroom Dildo, $34.45
23. Cottagecore Coffee Mug, $18.99+
- These Funny Christmas Movies Pair Perfectly With Milk and Cookies - November 28, 2023
- Dazzle During The Busiest Time Of The Year With These Simple Christmas Nails - November 24, 2023
- 33 Funny Christmas Photos That Would Have Made the Perfect Holiday Card - November 23, 2023