It’s been said that some heroes don’t wear capes. Well, according to DC, heroes do wear capes, they just don’t give oral sex. Is every superhero secretly DJ Khalid in a mask?
According to a recent story in Vulture, DC asked Justin Halpern, executive producer and co-creator of the animated series Harley Quinn, to cut the scene where Batman goes down on Catwoman.
“A perfect example of that is in this third season of ‘Harley’ [when] we had a moment where Batman was going down on Catwoman. And DC was like, ‘You can’t do that. You absolutely cannot do that.’ They’re like, ‘Heroes don’t do that.’ So, we said, ‘Are you saying heroes are just selfish lovers?’ They were like, ‘No, it’s that we sell consumer toys for heroes. It’s hard to sell a toy if Batman is also going down on someone.’”
Like us, Twitter is aghast at DC’s decision that notorious playboy Bruce Wayne simply “isn’t allowed” to give oral despite that fact that Batman dresses like a guy who got lost inside a BDSM store. So, here’s some of the funniest tweets so far about it.
And here’s which heroes we think do or don’t go downtown.
Funny Tweets About DC’s Rule About Batman Going Down on Catwoman
1. Cutting to the chase
let batman eat pussy
— ???? Caroline Leigh Layne ???? (@caroleighlayne) June 14, 2021
2. Scarlet Whit, the hero the world needs.
Every Batman that does or does not eat pussy, a thread: pic.twitter.com/uEnqYItdQA
— ????☠️ Scarlet Whit???????? (@WhitneyPuppy) June 14, 2021
3. Batman on his way back to the mansion.
My only comment on the current Batman discourse pic.twitter.com/xxNnUypu11
— Ol’ QWERTY Bastard (@TheDillonOne) June 14, 2021
4. Batman not going to have a partner for very long either.
Batman Begins but none of his ladies finish
— Malik ???? (@Malik4Play) June 14, 2021
5. Suddenly, a line forms around Wayne mansion.
batman cant go down on a woman because bruce wayne is famously great at it and it would compromise his identity
— Ben Rosen (@ben_rosen) June 14, 2021
6. This explains a lot.
So, what you're saying is I've dated Batman? pic.twitter.com/ZH4wppBBAb
— Rebecca Swanner (@rebeccaswanner) June 14, 2021
7. Everyone loses this one.
— Joe Otterson (@JoeOtterson) June 14, 2021
8. And there you have it.
9. “I’m a woman and won’t be taken for granted.” — Catwoman.
10. At least you can trust Loki to be a good lover.
Batman might not, but you know Loki does. pic.twitter.com/PSfKDaGFfw
— Let's Eat Cake (@letseatcakeblog) June 14, 2021
11. Now that you say it…
Wait a second: has anyone ever seen Batman and DJ Khaled in the same place at the same time?
— Alex Zalben (@azalben) June 14, 2021
12. Take it from a guy who was an Executive Story Editor on Gotham.
ive written Batman and he does
— T$E CHUN (@thetzechun) June 14, 2021
13. Bye bye.
Catwoman, leaving the altar once she realizes Batman was serious when he said he doesn't eat pussy: pic.twitter.com/SHfsBvCeFH
— harum-scarum @ please tell me to do some cosplay (@HaScaCosplay) June 14, 2021
14. And if he doesn’t, maybe we can help with that.
15. DC would like to recall this.
— C. Robert Cargill (@Massawyrm) June 14, 2021
16. There is literally no other reason for it to look like that.
17. Moves Nightwing higher up on the top 5 list.
*Checks why Batman is trending*
*Goes back to writing Nightwing, possibly a more… giving hero.* pic.twitter.com/U7HxaQj1lv
— Tom Taylor (@TomTaylorMade) June 14, 2021
18. DC vs everyone.
thank you DC for making this Batman moment possible pic.twitter.com/DD6jvTPtVb
— ML Kejera (@KejeraL) June 14, 2021
19. Even Obama is confused.
DC: Batman can fuck his friend's daughter but he can't go down on Catwoman. pic.twitter.com/z9x2NV7iZL
— Scott of Rivia (@DerfelMacGuffin) June 14, 2021
- The Best Henry Kissinger is Dead Memes Roasting the War Criminal - November 30, 2023
- 67 Thanksgiving Puns Stuffed With Gourdness - November 7, 2023
- The Funniest Memes for Anyone Thinking About the Roman Empire - September 16, 2023