Thanksgiving — while you might be looking forward to heaps of stuffing, gravy, and overcooked turkey — you’re never sure what to expect when it comes to family. Fortunately, these funny Thanksgiving puns can help keep everyone distracted.
These bite-sized nuggets of wordplay gold are the secret recipe for preventing your dinner conversation from drying up faster than that overcooked turkey leg. And they might just steer the conversation away from politics or that MLM your cousin is trying to get everyone to join.
Whether you’re serving pumpkin pie with a side of wit or cracking jokes that are saucier than the gravy boat, these puns have you covered for a day of family, food, and enough awkward moments to fill a sitcom season.
67 Funny Thanksgiving Puns for Your Feast
Funny Thanksgiving Food Puns
- It’s all gravy.
- Squash goals
- Feast mode on.
- I’m on a dinner roll.
- Did you hear about the Thanksgiving buffet? It’s fall you can eat.
- I’m so grateful for my butter-half.
- Beauty and the feast.
- Oh my gourd.
- Whatever floats your gravy boat.
- Silence of the yams.
- I yam what I yam.
- Y’all bready for this?
- Peas be with you.
- Don’t marsh my mellow.
- We’re corn to be wild.
- Eat, drink, and cranberry.
- I was planning on taking home leftovers, but all my plans were foiled.
- Be-leaf it or not, it’s Thanksgiving.
- You know how to win the tur-key to my heart? Do the dishes.
- You gotta keep track of the thyme on Thanksgiving or else you’ll overcook the turkey.
- They see me rollin’.
- My family told me to stop telling Thanksgiving jokes, but I said I couldn’t quit cold turkey.
- Nobody puts gravy in a corner.
- You want a piece of me?
- I confess, I’m pie-ning for you.
- Let the gourd times roll.
- Oh wow, pumpkin sure smells good in here!
- Pumpkin’s gotta give.
- Yes we pecan.
- Let’s give ’em pumpkin to talk about.
- Go ahead, bake me day.
- Pie really love you.
- You bake the world a better place.
- I only have pies for you.
- Pies before guys.
- I pecan’t even.
- It’s all or stuffing.
- Did you hear about the stuffing costume? It was dressing in disguise.
- You ain’t seen stuffing yet!
- Oh my gourd, I’m stuffed.
- Much ado about stuffing.
Turkey Puns and One-Liners
- Zero plucks given.
- Let’s get basted.
- No turkey this year? I suspect fowl play!
- Did you hear about possessed turkey? It had a poultry-geist.
- It’s all about that baste.
- Today is leg day.
- I came in like a butterball.
- Getting the longer part of the wishbone is a snap.
- No fowl language is allowed at dinner.
- Lets just wing it with the turkey this year.
- Oh snap.
- Baste. Thanksgiving. Ever.
- Did you hear about the turkey that went into the penalty box? It was a technical fowl.
- Talk turkey to me.
- We’ll worry about the Christmas tree later. Today it’s all about the poul-tree.
- Did you hear about the sick turkey? It was feeling under the feather.
- Seeing the turkey dressing always makes me blush.
- What baseball position do turkeys play? First baste.
- Did hear about the cursing turkey? It had a fowl mouth.
- We’re really plucky to have all of you around this Thanksgiving.
- Who needs a wine glass, when you’ve got a gobble-let?
- Wine not have another glass?
- You had me at merlot.
- Stop and smell the rosé.
- You’re the wine that I want.
- You can sip with us.
Funny Thanksgiving Pun Shirts
1. Leg Day
2. Pumpkin Pie Pac-Man
3. Let’s Get Basted
2. You Want a Piece of Me?
6. Side Chick
7. Go Pluck Yourself
8. Talk Turkey to Me
11. I yam what I yam.
14. You Butternut Forget How Much I Love You
- The Best Henry Kissinger is Dead Memes Roasting the War Criminal - November 30, 2023
- 67 Thanksgiving Puns Stuffed With Gourdness - November 7, 2023
- The Funniest Memes for Anyone Thinking About the Roman Empire - September 16, 2023