Can you believe Betty White is 99? The nonagenarian comedian was born on January 22, 1922 and has been cracking us up for more than 80 years. She’s starred on various television shows including her beloved role as dimwitted Rose on the Golden Girls and a long stint on The Mary Tyler Moore Show. She was also the first woman to produce a sitcom, Life with Elizabeth.
Even though she might need a fire extinguisher when she lights the candles on her birthday cake, we think it’s high time to celebrate this firecracker, with some of our favorite Betty White quotes.
Update: Betty White has passed, on December 31, 2021 at the age of 99.
12 Betty White Quotes to Live Your Life By
1. “The older you get, the better you get. Unless you’re a banana.”
2. “It’s your outlook on life that counts. If you take yourself lightly and don’t take yourself too seriously, pretty soon you can find the humor in our everyday lives.”
3. “I’ve always liked older men. They’re just more attractive to me. Of course, at my age there aren’t many left!”
4. “Does desire melt away with age? I’m waiting for that day to come.”
5. “As a kid, show business wasn’t even in the mix. As far back as I can remember, I wanted to be either a forest ranger or a zookeeper. The problem was, back then a girl wasn’t allowed to be either one.”
(Fun Fact: the U.S. Forest Service named her an Honorary Forest Ranger.)
6. “I have no regrets at all. None. I consider myself to be the luckiest old broad on two feet.”
7. “People have told me ‘Betty, Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with old friends.’ At my age, if I wanted to keep in touch with old friends, I’d need an Ouija board.”
8. “Don’t try to be young. Just open your mind. Stay interested in stuff. There are so many things I won’t live long enough to find out about, but I’m still curious about them.”
9. “I may be a senior, but so what, I’m still hot.”
10. “I learned it from my animal friends. Kindness and consideration of somebody besides yourself. I think that keeps you feeling young. I really do.”h3>
11. “I’m not a big cook. I only go in the kitchen to feed my dog.”
12. “I’m a health nut. My favorite food is hot dogs with French fries. And my exercise: I have a two-story house and a very bad memory, so I’m up and down those stairs.”
- 7 LGBTQ+ Dating Apps That’ll Actually Get You A Match You Want - July 14, 2023
- 50 Funny Dating App Openers Guaranteed to Get You a Response - July 6, 2023
- Get Lucky With The 15 Best Rabbit Vibrators - May 30, 2023