Late Thursday evening, the Internet discovered — or rather, rediscovered — that Australia has an annual duck fashion show. While it sounds like something that happened when your phone auto-corrected your secret thoughts about Vogue, it is in fact, a real thing. Also, seriously, duck fashion.
As part of the Pied Piper Duck Show, an event that’s part of Sydney’s Royal Easter Show and reminds everyone of Abigail and Amelia from the Aristocats.
The ducks have been dressed for more than 30 years by farmer Brian Harrington, and each fowl member receives three outfits. One for day, one for evening, and one for a wedding. Because, after all, how else is he going to show off his haberdashery skills? Not by dressing them for the beach, that’s for sure.
More hilarious photos from the 2014 show below.
I have just found out about the Sydney Annual Duck Fashion Show pic.twitter.com/gOdiKj1Pad
— Rachel (@rachellord22) July 29, 2020
1. That goose is no Mr. Darcy.
2. Nothing to see here, folks.
on my way to solve a murder mystery in the english countryside pic.twitter.com/rKazaDEo6w
— the moon’s wife (@lilycirque) July 30, 2020
3. Feathers, but make it fashion.
Iconic girls pic.twitter.com/nIKBohPdY9
— Meggeldy (@meggeldy) July 30, 2020
4. Every day in 2020.
5. When you can’t resist the pun.
6. Is there anything better than a duck in a hat?
— Shiny Crochet (@ShinyCrochet) July 30, 2020
8. We all want to know.
9. A little column A, a little column B?
10. She loves her little bow.
11. We give all participants a 10/10.
evaluating ducks in dresses pic.twitter.com/Nvbvd7OVQh
— ghosthoney (@tylergaca) September 8, 2020
12. Well, one of these is clearly better.
Meanwhile I just asked if we should go to the duck fashion show in Sydney and she said yes.
— Hazel Hayes (@TheHazelHayes) November 9, 2019
13. Don’t underestimate this icon.
14. No, you can’t sit with them.
15. Sunday by the park… with ducks.
drew some ducks from the sydney fashion show…. pic.twitter.com/RFzuyLBisX
— ❄️MON❄️ (@monwinvo) August 5, 2020
- The Best Henry Kissinger is Dead Memes Roasting the War Criminal - November 30, 2023
- 67 Thanksgiving Puns Stuffed With Gourdness - November 7, 2023
- The Funniest Memes for Anyone Thinking About the Roman Empire - September 16, 2023