Memes are a love language. Or for some people, just a language. And in the case of the “girl explaining” meme, we’re not really sure what the emotion is.
A photo of a girl yelling into a guy’s ear in the middle of a concert actually went viral in Spanish-speaking circles around 2019, as the girl in the photo is from Argentina. But it recently hit the States with captions in English, to the delight of everyone who cheated their way through high school Spanish class.
The best of these memes include rants about astrology, TV shows, conspiracy theories, and more. Essentially, if something has made a pop culture impact in the past 25 years, it’s been used in this format.
Call it the Oscars of memes. But instead of getting a statue of a gold dude, it’s just another image on Twitter with a bunch of likes. Sure, it might not have great resale value, but we still think these memes are pretty funny.
27 Funniest Girl Explaining Memes
1. POV: you just got asked what time you were born.
2. Honestly, this is a lesson they should teach in every business school.
3. HBO is back with a vengeance with “House of the Dragon.”
4. Skin care routines are fun, said no one ever.
5. And there’s Meryl Streep!
6. We still can’t watch this scene without calling our therapist.
7. We’re living for “the lore” of “Sex and the City”.
8. A wholesome meme among the madness.
9. And here we have two and a half hours condensed into one tweet.
10. RIP Blockbuster.
11. This is the coolest LinkedIn has ever been.
12. Don’t start with the sourdough starter…
13. Speaking of “Succession.”
14. And she bought it all with Bitcoin!
15. This is your sign to get deep into the story behind the Dyatlov Pass mystery. You’re welcome.
okay so researchers say they have proof it was some bizarrely timed avalanche, but like no traces of an avalanche was found by rescuers right? plus, how does that explain the really traumatic injuries? or the fact that two of them were found barefoot in only their underwear? pic.twitter.com/lunlUxjB1h
— Brandy Jensen (@BrandyLJensen) August 17, 2022
16. Bad romance? More like meme romance.
there’s someone out there for everyone pic.twitter.com/W4yBPFsd5M
— St. Vincent Price (@muddaub) August 17, 2022
17. And who said Twitter wasn’t educational?
EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER WORN WAS SEWN BY HUMAN BEINGS BECAUSE ROBOTS DON’T MAKE YOUR CLOTHES AND THERE WILL NEVER BE ROBOTS THAT MAKE YOUR CLOTHES BECAUSE IF WE WERE ABLE TO MAKE COMPUTERS THAT ARE THAT GOOD, WE’D BE SO TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED THE WORLD WOULD BE UNRECOGNIZABLE pic.twitter.com/5EETPQGQ9c
— Cora Harrington (@lingerie_addict) August 18, 2022
18. “And at the end you’ll be sad and inconsolably nostalgic.”
SO EVERY EPISODE IS BASED ON A DIFFERENT SITCOM ERA AND IT TURNS OUT SHE’S PROCESSING HER GRIEF BY ALTERING REALITY WITHOUT REALIZING IT AND PEOPLE WANT TO MAKE HER OUT TO BE A VILLAIN EVEN THOUGH SHE UNDOES THE HEX TO FIX THE MISTAKE AND BECOMES THE SCARLET WITCH IN THE PROCESS pic.twitter.com/eNc3BL87E6
— Zach (@Zach__Frank) August 17, 2022
19. And somehow the “Stranger Things” scene turns into a Top 40 song.
SO BASICALLY HE HAD A CRUSH ON HER SINCE MIDDLE SCHOOL BUT HE'S THE SCHOOL FREAK AND SHE'S HEAD CHEERLEADER BUT SHE'S SO NICE AND HAUNTED BY A DEMON SO SHE GOES TO BUY DRUGS FROM HIM AND THEY FLIRT AND SHE GOES TO HIS HOUSE THAT NIGHT AND SHE BRUTALLY DIES IN FRONT OF HIM pic.twitter.com/KTmT17yTit
— ???????????????? (@whoreofren) August 17, 2022
20. And only one features Adam Driver.
21. We’re still not sure how Kristen Bell fits into “Gossip Girl” but we also won’t ever be mad by her presence.
22. We’re going to need to take a few vacation days to watch all of “The X-Files” after this teaser.
SO HE THINKS HIS SISTER WAS ABDUCTED BY ALIENS WHEN THEY WERE KIDS, WHICH IS THE REASON HE STARTED INVESTIGATING THE X-FILES, BUT ACTUALLY IT WAS CABAL OF MEN, INCLUDING HIS FATHER, WITHIN THE GOVERNMENT WORKING WITH ALIENS, WHOSE MEMBERS EACH HAD TO SACRIFICE A CHILD AS COLLATE- pic.twitter.com/HZrZxLFV9B
— i want to bailey-ve ???? (@been_herde) August 17, 2022
23. Welcome to our “Sandman” TED talk. It will last approximately nine hours.
SO BASICALLY IT ALL START WITH THIS GUY NAMED DREAM EXCEPT HE’S NOT ACTUALLY A GUY HE’S THE ANTHROPOMORPHIC PERSONIFICATION OF DREAMS AND HE RULES THIS REALM CALLED THE DREAMING BUT IN 1916 THIS OTHER GUY DECIDES TO CAPTURE DEATH WHO IS DREAM’S SISTER BUT HE GETS DREAM INSTEAD- pic.twitter.com/KYbyWZg8Z9
— Madison Renee ☥ #RenewSandman Era (@Madisonrxnee) August 17, 2022
24. Real Housewives? More like Real…ly really wild.
SO THEN SHE STORMED OFF FROM THE DINNER BUT HER MIC WAS STILL HOT AND SHE STARTED RANTING TO THE PRODUCTION TEAM AND SAID MEREDITH CAN GO FUCK HERSELF IM DONE WITH HER CAUSE IM NOT A FUCKING WHORE AND I DONT CHEAT ON MY HUSBAND HER AND HER DUMB FUCKING FAMILY THAT POSES- pic.twitter.com/gLZlKwmRxD
— Salt & Poppers (@bingomilf) August 18, 2022
25. Give “Alias” the justice it deserved.
HER NAME IS SYDNEY BRISTOW. SEVEN YEARS AGO SHE WAS RECRUITED BY A SECRET BRANCH OF THE CIA CALLED SD-6. SHE WAS SWORN TO SECRECY, BUT COULDN'T KEEP IT FROM HER FIANCÉ. AND WHEN THE HEAD OF SD-6 FOUND OUT, HE HAD HIM KILLED. THAT'S WHEN SHE LEARNED THE TRUTH: SD-6 IS NOT PART OF pic.twitter.com/toqICQxnRi
— Cole Delbyck (@coledelbyck) August 18, 2022
26. Sorry, “Sabrina.” The best witch show will always belong to “Charmed.”
SO AFTER PRUE DIED, PIPER CHANGED THE PHRASING OF THE TO CALL A LOST WITCH SPELL SUBBING “SISTERS” FOR “WITCHES” RESULTING IN THE HALLIWELLS ACCIDENTALLY DISCOVERING THE EXISTENCE OF THEIR LONG LOST SECRET HALF SISTER & ALLOWING/FORCING THEM TO CONTINUE THEIR CHARMED DESTINY pic.twitter.com/5EyRiZiMcP
— david alexander (@DavidADC) August 18, 2022
27. And finally, good luck getting this out of your head for the next day:
THIS ONE IS FOR THE BOYS WITH THE BOOMIN’ SYSTEM TOP DOWN, AC WITH THE COOLING SYSTEM WHEN HE COME UP IN THE CLUB, HE BE BLAZIN’ UP, GOT STACKS ON DECK LIKE HE SAVIN’ UP! pic.twitter.com/4wFFCvE8Hm
— tall boy (@gentlegrngiant) August 18, 2022
- 55 Opening Lines to Use On Bumble When “Hey” Just Isn’t Cutting It - August 1, 2023
- Celebrate The End Of Summer With These August Nail Design Ideas (And A Beach Day) - July 26, 2023
- Where to Get the Oversized Skeleton Pillow Everyone’s Obsessed With On TikTok (Plus Some Similar Finds) - July 25, 2023