Long gone are the days of pool parties where every girl is wearing the same Victoria’s Secret swimsuit. If you’re a fan of Star Wars, the MCU, or even the periodic table, these nerdy swimsuits will do a much better job of showing off your personality. That complete compendium of LOTR you’ve been lugging around doesn’t hurt either.
From Sailor Moon to Stormtroopers and all geeky fandom in between, here are the geekiest swimsuits of the season. (We mean that in a good way.)
15 Nerdy Swimsuits for Geek Girl Summer
1. Wonder Woman One Piece, $14.99 at Kohl’s
It’s bold, bright, and may even help you swim faster than a Cheetah. Just don’t @ us if you get eaten.
2. The Nightmare Before Christmas Knot Swim Top, $13.45 at Hot Topic
What else would you wear to celebrate Christmas in July? OK, maybe a Santa suit — but those tend to get heavy in water.
3. Boom Splat One Piece, $39 at Etsy
If your favorite part of comic books are the art and onomatopoeia, then this is the nerdy swimsuit for you. You probably also did great on the English section of the SAT.
4. Stormtrooper High Cut Bikini, $35 at Etsy
Somehow the most dangerous job in the galaxy makes for a lovely minimalist Star Wars-themed swimsuit. Can’t imagine why it wasn’t Jar Jar Binks.
5. Dr. Who Tardis Cutout One Piece, $67.95 at Etsy
If you are the Tardis, does that mean you can travel to all the beaches in the world?
6. Harley Quinn Halter Swim Top, $21.52 at Hot Topic
7. Batman Monokini One-Piece, Amazon
Send a very clear Bat signal by wearing this suit and watch the ice cream trucks roll in.
8. Sailor Moon Bow Bikini, $50 at Etsy
Dress up as a vacationing Sailor Moon, Sailor Mars, Sailor Jupiter, or Sailor Saturn — and leave saving the universe to the boys for a change.
9. Zelda Triangle Bikini, $57.95 at Etsy
Going from console screens to beach scenes is as easy as ordering this suit, waiting for it to arrive, putting it on, and driving to the ocean. And then turning around because there isn’t any parking.
10. Periodic Table One Piece, $58.80 at Etsy
An attractive bathing suit, but less-than-discrete chemistry exam cheat sheet.
11. Captain America Tie Bikini, $88.86+ at Etsy
Chris Evans’s may no longer be Captain America, but this bikini keeps his memory alive. (It’s stored on a chip embedded in the bottoms.)
12. Harry Potter Gryffindor Skirt Suit, $35.92 at Hot Topic
Gen Z may call it cheugy. We call it “Merlin,” after our favorite wizard.
13. Pikachu One Piece, $44.85 at Etsy
Don’t be surprised when a Pokemon Go player tries to pick you up when you’re wearing this. Just tell them to lift with their legs, not their back.
14. Pikachu Tail One Piece, $42 at Etsy
Just like our brother’s mullet: Business in the front, lightning bolts in the back.
15. Thanos Bikini, Amazon
This is precisely what we’d wish for with our Infinity Gauntlet snap.
- 55 Opening Lines to Use On Bumble When “Hey” Just Isn’t Cutting It - August 1, 2023
- Celebrate The End Of Summer With These August Nail Design Ideas (And A Beach Day) - July 26, 2023
- Where to Get the Oversized Skeleton Pillow Everyone’s Obsessed With On TikTok (Plus Some Similar Finds) - July 25, 2023