Tattoos are like artwork for your skin. Or in the case of wrist tattoos, a great replacement for jewelry. Who needs a bracelet that flies off your hand if you wave too hard at a friend, when you can have a beautiful drawing on you permanently? And yes, that was a stranger you mistakenly said hello to.
Plus, wrist tattoos are super versatile – you can go the minimalist route with a small symbol, or go big with something that creeps up towards your forearm. And then you might want to go home, because that extra jalapeño margarita is going to make for a tough 8AM meeting tomorrow morning.
And if you ever decide that you want to keep your ink on the DL, you can always throw on long sleeves to cover it up. We get it – it’s not that you’re trying to hide a part of yourself. Sometimes you just don’t want to explain what your tattoo means for the millionth time.
Here’s some wrist tattoo inspiration for your next visit to the salon. Just make sure you take your hair tie off first.
25 Unique and Creative Wrist Tattoos
1. Try this simple star constellation for when you want to look like you’re into astrology, even if you have no idea what your rising moon is. Tattoo by ustmashaofficial.
2. Nothing says “Plant Mom” like tatting your kids on your wrist. At least you can’t kill this one! Tattoo by ell_tattoo.
3. This tiny tattoo is out of this world! And maybe we can be soon, if we scrounge up a few million dollars.
4. This design blooms from the wrist and then out to the hand and forearm. Who knew Miracle Grow was so effective!
5. Grab your best friend and get matching wrist tattoos, because we hear that tattoo salons are the new roadtrip. Slightly more painful, but no traffic!
6. Showcase your love of reading right on your wrist. Because you know there’s not any more room on the bookshelf.
7. Everyone needs a reminder to stop and breathe. Just don’t look at it when you’re free diving.
8. Lotus flowers grow from the mud, demonstrating their strength. You can do the same with a similar tattoo, and you don’t ever have to get dirty.
9. Elephants are said to be good luck. After your last credit card statement, you may need this.
10. When you really want to show off how much you love Bejeweled.
11. Make like Taylor Swift and get a snake tattoo that winds around your wrist. Grammys, here we come!
12. Draw something yourself and bring it to life as a wrist tattoo. Bonus points if it’s a monster that rises out of the sea to devour everything in the universe.
13. The best part about these three little birds? They won’t wake you up at the crack of dawn.
14. Get a watercolor tattoo and show your preschool teacher how much you hated staying in the lines.
15. Show off your pride with a font-tastic tattoo. This idea works well for any word, particularly ones that you always forget how to spell.
16. With a UV light tattoo, you’ll be the biggest hit at the next rave. Mostly because your friends will be able to find your hand when they’re trying to leave.
17. Love flowers, hate the allergies? Try Benadryl!
18. Ink your lucky number onto your wrist. You could also get your age, but that really only works for Dorian Gray.
19. Transform your wrist with this butterfly tattoo.
20. Now you can literally wear your heart on your sleeve. Or under your sleeve. Or both!
21. A not so gentle reminder that lightning strikes once. Where are you going with that kite?
22. Show off your zodiac sign by getting it inked on your wrist. It’s a subtle way to attracted compatible astrological signs without having to actually talk about them.
23. Embrace your “Dog Mom” status by getting your fur baby’s face tattooed on your wrist. As if you don’t spend your entire paycheck on them already.
24. Show how much your family means to you by inking it permanently. And without having to fly home for Thanksgiving dinner.
25. If you use a flower to wish for a new tattoo, make sure you take a picture for your tattoo artist first.