It’s 2020, which means if there’s a presidential debate, there’s going to be some good tweets and memes. (Even the Vice Presidential debate had some great ones, thanks to an unexpected fly by cameo.) Here’s the funniest debate tweets and memes from the second showdown.
Tonight, after a disastrous first debate, Trump and Biden faced off again… but this time the moderator had a mute button. Supposedly.
At press time, 48 million people had already voted. If you haven’t yet, we encourage you to do so we can get things moving in a better direction. You can find the opening dates and deadlines for early voting in person and by mail here.
The 33 Funniest Debate Tweets
1. How it started.
2. This pretty much sums up the mood of the nation.
— Coyle Girelli / WEAR A MASK (@CoyleGirelli) October 22, 2020
3. After what happened last debate, we thought we were prepared.
4. Let’s go?
Who's fired up and ready to go for this debate? I'm not, but let's go! #Debates2020
— Alana Moceri (@alanamoceri) October 23, 2020
5. Anyone got a dragon? Too soon?
— Keith Boykin (@keithboykin) October 23, 2020
6. To the cellar! (We need more wine.)
7. It’s very posh.
8. Time for a guest appearance!
9. Raises hand.
Who else is only here to see how the mute button goes? #Debates2020
— The Betches Sup (@Betches_Sup) October 23, 2020
10. Someone bring the keyboard tie back into style.
11. You! Me? You! Me! Wait what.
12. Is Borat 2 streaming yet?
this is the worst thing to happen to rudy giuliani since yesterday
— David Mack (@davidmackau) October 23, 2020
13. Does he know yet?
The My Pillow guy is gonna be so pissed. https://t.co/TH2YzeO8oG
— Paul Begala (@PaulBegala) October 23, 2020
14. Also Biden’s expressions.
Joe Biden’s pointing is a mood. #VPDebate
— Liz Plank (@feministabulous) October 23, 2020
15. Can’t trust those wild and crazy IRS folks!
16. Gotta go to the business factory.
“I was a business man, doing business” pic.twitter.com/OM6weTW8Z8
— Alexandra Petri (@petridishes) October 23, 2020
17. It’s gotta be here somewhere.
18. Yeah, hi, the President says it’s possible.
Calls IRS In October:
Hi, I’m calling to pre-pay my taxes. Can you assist me? pic.twitter.com/r9Nf7ao03P
— IG: JontaOHT (@jontaoht) October 23, 2020
19. This debate was not the bees knees.
20. We saw that!
Joe Biden: Malarkey!
The internet: pic.twitter.com/LZFIJbHrkj
— Laura is Voting Early ???? (@LauraLangan) October 23, 2020
21. Our face most of this debate.
22. Good plan.
Debate drinking game: drink every time
— Rachel McCartney (@RachelMComedy) October 23, 2020
23. What, like moderating is hard?
Chris Wallace: ????
Kristen Welker: ????????#DebateTonight
— Amee Vanderpool (@girlsreallyrule) October 23, 2020
24. Anyone up there?
checking in on that mute button operator pic.twitter.com/3NKOgoyx6S
— Dave Itzkoff (@ditzkoff) October 23, 2020
25. Dante, can you pass the sugar?
25. That’s one option for a fun tie.
26. Um… no.
Him: “I’m the least racist person here”
— Jorge J Rodríguez V (@JJRodV) October 23, 2020
27. So about that mute button…
weird tactic to accuse the moderator of being racist
— broti gupta (@BrotiGupta) October 23, 2020
28. Sometimes stamina isn’t a good thing.
29. “It was a dark and stormy night in Brooklyn…”
everytime trump says new york is a ghost town 1,000 personal essays are born
— Steadman™ (@AsteadWesley) October 23, 2020
30. Media, don’t do it. Just don’t do it.
If I read anybody saying “Trump was Presidential” or about his new tone or how he was restrained I’m gonna walk into the exact middle of the forest and lay down until time and insects take me home.
— Kumail Nanjiani (@kumailn) October 23, 2020
31. Especially gusts. Love those.
32. “Among Us” really rocks.
"AOC + 3" is my favorite band. Hands down.#Debates2020
— Charlotte Clymer ????️???? (@cmclymer) October 23, 2020
33. Longer than we all thought.
How long is 90 minutes?
— Barbara Malmet (@B52Malmet) October 23, 2020
- The Best Henry Kissinger is Dead Memes Roasting the War Criminal - November 30, 2023
- 67 Thanksgiving Puns Stuffed With Gourdness - November 7, 2023
- The Funniest Memes for Anyone Thinking About the Roman Empire - September 16, 2023