Before you know it, it’ll be a new year again. And honestly, we have a bit of a love-hate relationship with it. It’s exciting to wipe the slate clean, but we realize our resolutions are gonna resolve themselves. Luckily, these New Year’s memes help to bring the whole thing into perspective.
Because, after all, we’re still the same person we were on January 1st that we were on December 31. Unless someone figures out the whole “Freaky Friday” recipe.
Whether you’re out celebrating with friends at a party doused in glitter, or snuggled up on the couch and asleep by 9pm, everyone can enjoy these funny New Year’s memes about the changing of the calendar.
Send them to your friends, coworkers, cats, and crushes you haven’t talked to since last year. You won’t be able to use them for another 12 months, so you might as well get it all out of your system now!
The Funniest New Year’s Memes
1. New day, new bag!
2. Your actions do have consequences.
3. I think by March, we’ve definitely earned the pizza.
4. We’re at least consistent…ly wrong.
5. It doesn’t take too much to get us excited.
6. We could honestly use the spoilers because we’re really not sure what any of these mean.
7. Maybe 2023?
8. Nailed it.
9. We hope they truly enjoyed their year off.
10. We shall try again on January 2nd.
11. It’s all in the phrasing.
12. ????’Cause I’m always watching ????
13. Some of them are a real stretch, but they make it work somehow.
14. The only acceptable resolution.
15. We’re really only needed for that one minute, right?
16. We have entered the cocoon phase.
17. A tweet after our own brain.
anyone: happy nye
my brain: happy new york ecity
— dick snickers (@smithsara79) January 1, 2021
18. What can we say? We’re ambitious.
i have decided to be even hotter this year. don’t know how that’s possible but i have hope
— torie (@torweee) January 1, 2021
19. The 2023rd time is the charm.
@ the new year pic.twitter.com/yFgAQQrCLP
— Amy-Leigh Gemstone (email@example.com) (@lolennui) December 27, 2020
20. And with that, we’re out! (Metaphorically, that is.)
hi friends- for the new year I’m taking a break from life so I can focus on social media. if you need me you can find me here, constantly
— ely kreimendahl (@ElyKreimendahl) December 31, 2020
- These Facts About Ayo Edebiri Will Make You Love “The Bear” Star Even More - June 12, 2023
- 75 Interesting Facts That’ll Get You Crowned the Winner of Trivia - April 17, 2023
- 29 Easy April Fools’ Pranks You Can Definitely Pull Off This Year - March 31, 2023