Our favorite lady in pink had an absolutely explosive opening weekend (sorry, Oppenheimer), and these Barbie movie memes and tweets prove it. Whether you liked it or loved it, the Internet had a ton of reactions to it.
Between the gorgeous cinematography, the plot twists, the songs that will be stuck in our head for the next month, and Allen, there’s a lot to talk about here! And since we always liked picture books more than novels as a kid, there are thankfully plenty of memes to look at, too.
The Best Barbie Movie Memes, Tweets, and Reactions
1. You tell ’em, Ken! Err…Sebastian? Ryan? Whoever you are!
2. This is the sorority that we never knew we needed.
3. Not quite the main character moment we were hoping for, but we’ll take it.
4. We need to cancel our post-movie plans.
5. Another one?
the audience at barbie pic.twitter.com/kN73mF7nKo
— Wendell (@RhodeToLove) July 12, 2023
6. No! We are not!
7. This is our prediction and we’re sticking with it.
song of the year: im just ken
best original song: im just ken
artist of the year: ryan gosling
best actor: ryan gosling pic.twitter.com/5wbu7JSs9E
— better call saura (@sithwar) July 19, 2023
8. The Godfather? Never seen it!
9. Ryan is Ken. Ken is Ryan. They are one.
THE PEOPLE’S KEN pic.twitter.com/Hji1wxuKfW
— Film Updates (@FilmUpdates) July 18, 2023
10. Of course we didn’t memorize her speech 30 minutes after the movie ended…we got it in 25!
me every time america ferrera came on screen at the barbie movie pic.twitter.com/Cz7U8JXGZn
— zainab ♡ (@zainabthewitch) July 23, 2023
11. More like sobbed, but yeah. Same.
who else cried during gloria’s speech in barbie pic.twitter.com/p64YLfYR2r
— lindsay lohan daddy (@maiajohnson_) July 22, 2023
12. Checks out.
13. In this essay we will…
14. Well that took an unexpected turn.
all the mothers taking their young daughters to watch barbie thinking it was gonna be a silly movie, only to come out questioning the impossible standards of the female experience and their own relationship with their mother pic.twitter.com/u8l0pFVYwq
— ً (@filmsbygays) July 22, 2023
15. How…how did they know…?
16. Let’s just paint all the statues for The Oscars pink now, shall we?
Barbie Movie: “We mothers stand still so our daughters can look back to see how far they’ve come”
— Mario (@mtehuitz) July 23, 2023
17. Still better than “It’s Complicated.”
18. When can we get the Allen movie?
Having Allan in the barbie movie be canonically apart of the girls really just made the movie better for me idk yall it makes me so happy hes just an honorary girl pic.twitter.com/oHGKxkwMaE
— ZAYNA📨#ANDAMOVIE (@sitcomabed) July 23, 2023
19. Oh wait, this was the Allen movie!
20. Now THIS is the main character moment we were waiting for.
me walking out of barbie while the credits were playing pic.twitter.com/wo8ubm1L3I
— joseph | WATCHED BARBIE (@maddenslut) July 22, 2023
21. We see what you did there!
22. It’s a 10/10.
23. Don’t start crying, don’t start crying…
25. Definitely not a mojo dojo casa house.
26. Case in point:
27. Taylor Swift (John Cena’s Version)
28. Ken is a komplex karacter, kay?
29. Wait, this is going backwards…
30. How do we become a Barbie woman?
31. This is cinema.
32. Show us the lie.
33. This feels targeted.
34. This also feels targeted.
35. And finally:
- 55 Opening Lines to Use On Bumble When “Hey” Just Isn’t Cutting It - August 1, 2023
- Celebrate The End Of Summer With These August Nail Design Ideas (And A Beach Day) - July 26, 2023
- Where to Get the Oversized Skeleton Pillow Everyone’s Obsessed With On TikTok (Plus Some Similar Finds) - July 25, 2023