Daylight saving time is super controversial, and for good reason. It either causes us to gain or lose an hour of sleep, and people are passionate about their slumber. (It’s us. We’re people.) In the case of the switch that’s coming up on November 5, our clocks will fall back an hour, and we found the funniest memes and tweets about it.
Daylight saving time begins in March each year, as the country sets its clocks forward an hour at 2 a.m. (making us all lose an hour of sleep). Cue the collective groan of disdain. The good news is that once we do that, our daylight hours become longer in the evenings and our seasonal depression is cured.
But then, in November, we set the clocks back to normal, gain an hour of sleep (yay!) and deal with our old friend darkness before five p.m. (noooo). It’s a roller coaster of emotions, and that’s why we need humor to deal. So now that you’re more well-rested, we can all have a laugh at these fall back memes roasting daylight saving time.
21 Funny Fall Back Memes for Daylight Saving Time
1. Manual labor? At 2 a.m.?
2. Unpopular indeed. Can we get the extra sleep and keep the daylight?
3. Ha ha ha. Ahh, it’s nice being well-rested enough to laugh at lame jokes.
4. So you’re saying time travel is possible?
Today, we observe the last Daylight Savings Time Fall Back. So turn back your clocks by an hour, and think about how we were all kind of Dr. Who twice a year. Enjoy the extra hour, Roos! pic.twitter.com/FKhN5aYSX7
— UMKC Libraries (@UMKCLibraries) November 6, 2022
5. Is that what Paramore meant?
6. :laughs in childless by choice:
7. Didn’t someone write a movie about this already? It’s called The Purge.
8. We did name ourselves Darcy for a reason, after all
Daylight savings time is over. The sun will set before 6 pm. You know what that means: pic.twitter.com/QfMXTrF6eJ
— Clay Winstead (@ClayWinstead) November 6, 2022
9. To be fair though, we’re always being whined at by our cat.
10. A victory lap nap highly recommended.
11. Girl math.
12. Daylight saving time is like the least fun surprise ever.
13. How can we send this to our employer without sending this to our employer?
14. Asking the hard-hitting questions.
15. Tag yourself, we’re the one in the middle.
16. There’s always that one guy.
17. But hey, at least now we get an extra hour of being awake and unhappy before work starts. Yay.
18. When you’ve always relied on your iPhone for everything.
19. At least if you’re super patient, calm, understanding in your explanation, they still won’t understand it.
20. It’s happening. AI is taking over. Everyone remain calm.
21. Should we call it Leap Year?
- These Funny Christmas Movies Pair Perfectly With Milk and Cookies - November 28, 2023
- Dazzle During The Busiest Time Of The Year With These Simple Christmas Nails - November 24, 2023
- 33 Funny Christmas Photos That Would Have Made the Perfect Holiday Card - November 23, 2023