On Thanksgiving, after we’d eaten way too much turkey (well, seared and braised short ribs, but who’s really keeping score), Twitter erupted in laughter over Trump sitting alone tiny desk next to an undecorated Christmas tree.
It appears that Trump had a Thanksgiving Day appearance not at the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office, but at a desk that was comically tiny. It’s not the first time he (or other presidents) have conducted press events while sitting at the bill-signing desk. But without anyone standing next to him it looks like he’s sitting at the kids table.
So, in between shopping for all those Black Friday deals, enjoy these jokes about the tiny desk.
21 Tiny Desk Memes and Tweets
1. Paging Bob Boilen.
— BlackLivesMatter (@F_In_Comments) November 27, 2020
2. So this is what the opposite of huge looks like.
3. There’s no way Zoolander would have approved this.
4. Poor Buddy the Elf.
— morgan mayes (@Morgan_Mayes) November 27, 2020
5. 2020 eventually gets to all of us.
Moved from the Resolute Desk to the Coffee Table of Despair. pic.twitter.com/2QhECtVReT
— GrumpyOldMan (@GrumpyO58719935) November 27, 2020
6. Four Seasons Total Landscaping. The joke that won’t ever stop.
7. Anyone got a spare allen wrench?
— John Pavlovitz (@johnpavlovitz) November 27, 2020
8. Serious DIY skills over here.
9. To be fair, the storage room does have snacks.
They didn't even decorate the tree first. ???? It's like he's in the storage room.
— Chippychin (@Chippychin) November 27, 2020
10. Sorry we only get our predictions from NCIS.
— Helen Kennedy (@HelenKennedy) November 27, 2020
11. Some heroes / camerapeople don’t wear capes.
ME: Trump's desk was tiny.
TWITTER: How tiny was it?
(this is, amazingly, not Photoshopped) pic.twitter.com/JOVHpsOlYg
— Bad Fox Graphics (@BadFoxGraphics) November 27, 2020
12. Yes yes but where can we get the cuckoo clock?
— Leona Lioness???? (@LeonaLioness6) November 27, 2020
13. You forgot something!
— Doyle ⚓️ (@ElyodRj) November 27, 2020
14. Oh, another reunion tour? Great.
— Sad Kraken (@trifectablog) November 27, 2020
15. What’s weird about that? We just sign things with our mind.
There is no pen. pic.twitter.com/48nNeiWjNi
— Walter Shaub (@waltshaub) November 27, 2020
16. A slow news day? In these times?
17. Don’t forget the hair stylist!
The staffer in charge of the optics of this tiny Resolute Desk must be a secret resister
— Lindy Li (@lindyli) November 27, 2020
18. It’s normal, totally normal.
Trump: it’s a normal size desk?
desk guy (barely keeping it together): yea pic.twitter.com/eatmbEkiyu
— Michael Tannenbaum (@iamTannenbaum) November 27, 2020
19. YOU’RE VERY WELCOME.
20. We’re offended on the behalf of theater kids everywhere.
Is this a school play pic.twitter.com/nGrZAwRPvN
— Daniel Kibblesmith (@kibblesmith) November 27, 2020
21. At least his has a chair.
Trump's next Resolute Desk. pic.twitter.com/zyj6GyvaKP
— JeremyNewberger (@jeremynewberger) November 27, 2020
- The Best Henry Kissinger is Dead Memes Roasting the War Criminal - November 30, 2023
- 67 Thanksgiving Puns Stuffed With Gourdness - November 7, 2023
- The Funniest Memes for Anyone Thinking About the Roman Empire - September 16, 2023